Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 3.6.2:
24 May 2019
Tags:playlist-creator playlist creator
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Passing and 1 Pending Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing Pending
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator gep13 on 25 May 2019.
Following the Unix philosophy "one tool for one job" Playlist Creator enables you to create playlists of your precious music within seconds.
The composition and creation of a playlist is quite intuitive: Add all desired files, enter a name for the playlist and select its save location. Hit the create button and one moment later your brand-new playlist is ready.
You don't have to recreate your playlist every time you want to make changes to it. Just open the existing playlist file, make the changes you want and save the playlist. It's as simple as that!
Combining several playlists into a single big playlist is quite simple as well: Insert as many existing playlist files to your current playlist as you like and save the playlist. Done!
- Readout of tags - Playlist Creator can read the tags of all of your media files and use the data for customizing the playlist.
- High processing speed - Very high processing speed even with activated readout of tags, thanks to the support of the powerful open source library MediaInfo.
- Drag and Drop - Add your music files with style by using drag and drop from Windows Explorer.
- Recursive folder adding - Folders can be added recursively, i.e. the folder and all its subfolders. Enables you to add your entire music collection via a single drag and drop action.
- Dynamic Titles - Define dynamic title variables in order to use tag data for customizing the playlist output.
- Absolute / Relative - The playlist items can be saved absolute or relative to the save location of the playlist.
- Many predefined file types - There are a lot of predefined file types which can instantly be added to the playlist.
- Custom file types - If you think there is an important file type missing you can easily add it to the list of accepted file types.
- PLS and M3U playlists - For compatibility with a wide variety of hardware and software Playlist Creator can create playlists both in PLS- and M3U-format.
- Open or insert playlists - Open existing playlist files to modify them or insert playlist files into your current playlist.
- Shuffle playlist - If you like variation the playlist can be shuffled with a simple click.
- Always up-to-date - The application can check (automatically) for newer versions.
Creating a playlist
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Playlist Creator 3.6.2||236||Friday, May 24, 2019||Approved|
Copyright © oddgravity, all rights reserved.
- This discussion is only about Playlist Creator and the Playlist Creator package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Playlist Creator, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.