Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 184.108.40.20650720:
21 Jul 2015
- Psiphon Inc
Tags:anti-censorship tunnel proxy vpn ssh cloud p2p
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 25 Dec 2015.
Psiphon Circumvention System is an open source relay-based Internet censorship circumventer.
The system consists of a client application, which configures a users computer to direct Internet traffic; and a set of servers, which proxy client traffic to the Internet. As long as a client can connect to a Psiphon server, it can access Internet services that may be blocked to the user via direct connection.
- The Internet is not World Wide if someone somewhere is denied access.
- The right to freedom of opinion and expression affects us all, even if censorship does not.
To accomplish its design goals, Psiphon uses computer security technology including encryption and digital signatures. Using these algorithms does not mean Psiphon 3 offers additional security properties such as privacy or authentication of destination sites for users' Internet traffic. [ref]
For additional information about how Psiphon works, please see the FAQ.
Cloud service client
$packageName = 'psiphon' $url = 'https://psiphon.ca/psiphon3.exe' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Get-ChocolateyWebFile -PackageName "$packageName" ` -FileFullPath "$installFile" ` -Url "$url" # create an empty sidecar metadata file for closed-source shimgen.exe to designate exe has gui Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") ` -Value $null
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Psiphon 220.127.116.1150720||1395||Tuesday, July 21, 2015||Approved|
© 2004 Psiphon Inc
- This package does not get upgraded corresponding to the Psiphon program. Instead,
- Upon starting Psiphon, the program will automatically look for digitally signed upgrades through the encrypted tunnel it creates. However,
- If this program is used infrequently, you may also want to periodically upgrade Psiphon manually by forcing a reinstall of this package. This can be done with
choco upgrade psiphon --force
- Checksums are currently not verified for this program upon install.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Psiphon and the Psiphon package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Psiphon, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.