Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.76:
17 Jul 2021
- Simon Tatham
Tags:putty telnet ssh foss cross-platform
0.76 | Updated: 17 Jul 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 17 Jul 2021.
PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Windows and Unix platforms, along with an
xterm terminal emulator.
- Unicode support
- Control over the SSH encryption key and protocol version
- Command-line SCP and SFTP clients, called "pscp" and "psftp" respectively
- Control over port forwarding with SSH (local, remote or dynamic port forwarding), including built-in handling of X11 forwarding
- Emulates most xterm, VT102 control sequences, as well as much of ECMA-48 terminal emulation
- IP Version 6 support
- Supports 3DES, AES, Arcfour, Blowfish, DES
- Public-key authentication support
- Support for local serial port connections
- PuTTY: the Telnet, rlogin, and SSH client itself, which can also connect to a serial port
- PSCP: an SCP client, i.e. command-line secure file copy
- PSFTP: an SFTP client, i.e. general file transfer sessions much like FTP
- PuTTYtel: a Telnet-only client
- Plink: a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends
- Pageant: an SSH authentication agent for PuTTY, PSCP and Plink
- PuTTYgen: an RSA, DSA, ECDSA and EdDSA key generation utility
- pterm: a standalone terminal emulator
- This meta package depends on putty.portable rather then putty.install for historical reasons. Since this may violate expectation of certain users, consider installing the latter directly.
- Support for putty 64bit have been added to the package when running chocolatey 0.10.4+, to keep using 32bit version of putty please pass
--x86when installing/upgrading putty.install (64bit installation may fail if 32bit is already installed)
- Use of PuTTY, PSCP, PSFTP and Plink is illegal in countries where encryption is outlawed.
- We believe it is legal to use PuTTY, PSCP, PSFTP and Plink in England and Wales and in many other countries, but we are not lawyers, and so if in doubt you should seek legal advice before downloading it.
- You may find useful information at cryptolaw.org, which collects information on cryptography laws in many countries, but we can't vouch for its correctness.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- putty.0.76.nupkg (65d00e90fda5) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|PuTTY 0.76||91602||Saturday, July 17, 2021||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.75||121880||Saturday, May 8, 2021||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.74||364564||Saturday, June 27, 2020||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.73||220381||Sunday, September 29, 2019||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.72||82943||Saturday, July 20, 2019||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.71||107556||Saturday, March 16, 2019||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.70.0.20171219||344302||Tuesday, December 19, 2017||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.70||163553||Saturday, July 8, 2017||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.69||72427||Saturday, April 29, 2017||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.68.0.20170412||15664||Wednesday, April 12, 2017||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.68||34764||Wednesday, February 22, 2017||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.67||140118||Monday, March 21, 2016||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.66||23231||Saturday, November 7, 2015||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.65||15836||Saturday, July 25, 2015||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.64||22217||Saturday, February 28, 2015||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.64-prerelease||487||Thursday, February 26, 2015||Exempted|
|PuTTY 0.63||30883||Tuesday, September 10, 2013||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.62.0.2||3094||Friday, May 31, 2013||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.62.0.1||3212||Monday, December 10, 2012||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.62||2085||Wednesday, December 14, 2011||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.61.1||771||Saturday, November 19, 2011||Approved|
|PuTTY 0.61||610||Monday, September 19, 2011||Approved|
- This discussion is only about PuTTY and the PuTTY package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or PuTTY, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.