Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.5:
21 Apr 2015
- H. van der Wolf
Tags:metadata exif frontend
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved by moderator alexinslc on 05 Dec 2015.
pyExifToolGui is a graphical frontend for the excellent open source command line tool ExifTool by Phil Harvey. pyExifToolGui is a python pySide QT4 script program that reads and writes all kind of metadata tags from/to image files. A strong point of this software is the ability to write the data, copied or not from a source image (reference image), to multiple images at once.
My main goal was a tool to write gps data to my images as I photograph a lot inside buildings like Churches/Cathedrals and Musea (when allowed), which means that the gps functionality of my camera doesn't function. And sometimes you have already made 20 photos while your GPS is still not up-to-date or uses settings from your previous location.
Next to the gps functionality, I also wanted extensive renaming functionality, based on metadata in the images, to be part of this programs functionality.
It also supports Googles new PhotoSphere options for panoramic images.
pyExifToolGUI will slowly grow into a general exiftool Gui and will also write other tags to your images.
As of version 0.4 pyExifToolGUI tool is also a geotagging tool!
$packageName = 'pyexiftoolgui' $url = 'https://github.com/hvdwolf/pyExifToolGUI/releases/download/0.5/pyExifToolGUI-0.5.zip' $checksum = 'db5d91631b149c800c2b821bbd851ac63ead2847' $checksumType = 'sha1' $url64 = "$url" $checksum64 = "$checksum" $checksumType64 = "$checksumType" $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "$url64" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "$checksumType64" # create empty sidecar so shimgen creates shim for GUI rather than console $installFile = Join-Path -Path $toolsDir ` -ChildPath "$packageName" | Join-Path -ChildPath "$($packageName).exe.gui" Set-Content -Path "$installFile" ` -Value $null
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|pyExifToolGUI 0.5||960||Tuesday, April 21, 2015||Approved|
© H. van der Wolf
- This discussion is only about pyExifToolGUI and the pyExifToolGUI package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or pyExifToolGUI, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.