Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.1:
05 Jul 2014
Tags:notSilent vulnerability inspector security
SecPod Saner Personal
1.1 | Updated: 05 Jul 2014
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
SecPod Saner Personal
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
SecPod Saner is a user-friendly and reliable software solution designed as a means of proactively protecting your computer against threats, virus attacks and malware.
Generally, most risks to your system originate from outdated software, including files that are obsolete, which in turn become vulnerable to outside threats. Malware and viruses benefit from exactly those loopholes in your PC to attack and obtain your personal data that can be used in nefarious purposes.
Similarly, they can threaten your computer's entire stability, causing system crashes and a wide array of different problems, which end up completely wrecking your machine.
SecPod Saner is quite simple to understand and work with. Upon installation, you can launch the utility then press the 'Scan' button, and it will analyze all your system's status, determining all the outdated files and components, as well as identifying their possible fixes, if any exist.
Subsequently, SecPod Saner enables you to repair the detected issues by clicking on the 'Remediate All' button, which will then start to bring your PC's software and all related files up to date, eliminating vulnerabilities as much as possible and lowering the risk of malware attacks.
While most applications focus on eliminating the virus or cleaning the malware from your computer, they do not work on determining the cause of the infection or the manner in which your system became vulnerable in the first place.
With SecPod Saner, you can identify the status of your PC and remediate the possible reasons why your system is at risk of being infected, thus working proactively in preventing your machine from being exposed to future attacks.
To conclude, SecPod Saner is an efficient and useful program that can successfully help you keep your computer at bay from virus attacks and malware infections, by eliminating the commonly used loopholes and preventing their occurrence altogether.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|SecPod Saner Personal 1.1||939||Saturday, July 5, 2014||Unknown|
|SecPod Saner Personal 126.96.36.199||342||Tuesday, February 11, 2014||Unknown|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about SecPod Saner Personal and the SecPod Saner Personal package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or SecPod Saner Personal, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.