Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.92:
24 Jun 2019
- Nir Sofer
Tags:files folders wildcard duplicate
2.92 | Updated: 24 Jun 2019
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package was approved as a trusted package on 24 Jun 2019.
SearchMyFiles is an alternative to the standard "Search For Files And Folders" module of Windows.
It allows you to easily search files in your system by wildcard, by last modified/created/last accessed time, by file attributes, by file content (text or binary search), and by the file size.
SearchMyFiles allows you to make a very accurate search that cannot be done with Windows search. For Example: You can search all files created in the last 10 minutes with size between 500 and 700 bytes.
After you made a search, you can select one or more files, and save the list into text/html/csv/xml file, or copy the list to the clipboard.
$packageName = 'searchmyfiles' $url = 'http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/searchmyfiles.zip' $checksum = 'f2311e48080a96731135594a0d74a1a2d721ac62fafadbec1464123a88099892' $checksumType = 'sha256' $url64 = 'http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/searchmyfiles-x64.zip' $checksum64 = '5e97904ba1541d0f126ac5e2f0f4c7ff1457c42e9ad1d46b8697a01a20b56d5d' $checksumType64 = 'sha256' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $installFile = Join-Path $toolsDir "$($packageName).exe" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Url64bit "$url64" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "$checksumType64" Set-Content -Path ("$installFile.gui") ` -Value $null
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- searchmyfiles.2.92.nupkg (17cf72790464) - ## / 61
- searchmyfiles-x64.zip (5e97904ba154) - ## / 54
- searchmyfiles.zip (f2311e48080a) - ## / 63
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|SearchMyFiles 2.92||4773||Monday, June 24, 2019||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.91||549||Monday, February 18, 2019||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.82||1032||Friday, May 5, 2017||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.81||355||Thursday, February 16, 2017||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.80||357||Thursday, January 26, 2017||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.78||303||Sunday, January 22, 2017||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.75||348||Thursday, October 27, 2016||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.74||318||Thursday, October 20, 2016||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.72||313||Thursday, July 21, 2016||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.71||301||Saturday, June 11, 2016||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.68||251||Monday, April 11, 2016||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.67||336||Monday, February 1, 2016||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.66||298||Wednesday, January 20, 2016||Approved|
|SearchMyFiles 2.65||312||Monday, November 2, 2015||Approved|
© 2009 NirSoft
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about SearchMyFiles and the SearchMyFiles package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or SearchMyFiles, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.