Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 21.03.21:
27 Mar 2021
- Dan Dennedy
Tags:shotcut video editor cutting color correction media foss cross-platform
This is not the latest version of Shotcut (Portable) available.
21.03.21 | Updated: 27 Mar 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 02 Apr 2021.
Wide Format Support
Supports hundreds of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg. No import required which means native editing, plus multi-format timelines, resolutions and frame-rates within a project. Frame accurate seeking supported for many video formats.
Device and Transport Options
Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring. Screen, webcam and audio capture. Network stream playback. Supports resolutions up to 4k and capture from SDI, HDMI, webcam, JACK & Pulse audio, IP stream, X11 screen and Windows DirectShow devices.
Sleek, Intuitive Interface
Multiple dockable and undockable panels, including detailed media properties, recent files with search, playlist with thumbnail view, filter panel, history view, encoding panel, jobs queue, and melted server and playlist. Also supports drag-n-drop of assets from file manager.
$packageName = 'shotcut.portable' $url64 = 'https://github.com/mltframework/shotcut/releases/download/v21.03.21/shotcut-win64-210321.zip' $checksum64 = '8ce9d389e52b157cdc0b5ee388d2bd5bfa27e9a2d2a3ae32f0592aca195d0de0' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url64Bit "$url64" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "sha256" `
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- shotcut.portable.21.03.21.nupkg (13c91d2bedf7) - ## / 61
- shotcut-win64-210321.zip (8ce9d389e52b) - ## / 55
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.05.18||67||Thursday, May 20, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.05.01||61||Tuesday, May 4, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.04.13||300||Wednesday, April 14, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.03.21||62||Saturday, March 27, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.03.13||62||Monday, March 22, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.02.27||65||Sunday, March 14, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.02.15||66||Sunday, February 28, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.02.09||61||Tuesday, February 16, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.01.29||58||Wednesday, February 10, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 21.01.16||71||Monday, February 1, 2021||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 20.09.27||141||Monday, September 28, 2020||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 20.07.11||123||Sunday, July 12, 2020||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 20.06.28||86||Monday, June 29, 2020||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 20.04.12||335||Monday, April 13, 2020||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 20.02.17||184||Tuesday, February 18, 2020||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.12.31||125||Friday, January 17, 2020||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.12.16||98||Tuesday, December 17, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.10.20||170||Monday, October 21, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.09.14||102||Sunday, September 15, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.08.16||107||Saturday, August 17, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.07.15||91||Tuesday, July 16, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.06.15||114||Sunday, June 16, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.04.30||151||Thursday, May 2, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.02.28||187||Friday, March 1, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.01.27||135||Monday, January 28, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 19.01.24||103||Friday, January 25, 2019||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.12.23||118||Monday, December 24, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.11.18||133||Monday, November 19, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.11.13||114||Wednesday, November 14, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.10.08||130||Tuesday, October 9, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.09.16||135||Tuesday, September 18, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.09.15||116||Sunday, September 16, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.09.13||122||Saturday, September 15, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.08.14||151||Wednesday, August 15, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.08.11||141||Sunday, August 12, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.08||138||Friday, August 3, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.07||171||Tuesday, July 3, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.05||203||Saturday, May 5, 2018||Approved|
|Shotcut (Portable) 18.03||211||Saturday, March 31, 2018||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Shotcut (Portable) and the Shotcut (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Shotcut (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.