Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.41.0:
28 Apr 2020
- Starship Contributors
Tags:starship shell-prompt zsh powershell nerd-fonts
0.41.0 | Updated: 28 Apr 2020
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator mkevenaar on 30 Apr 2020.
The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- Fast: it's fast – really really fast! 🚀
- Customizable: configure every aspect of your prompt.
- Universal: works on any shell, on any operating system.
- Intelligent: shows relevant information at a glance.
- Feature rich: support for all your favorite tools.
- Easy: quick to install – start using it in minutes.
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $fileLocation = Join-Path $toolsDir 'starship-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc.zip' Get-ChocolateyUnzip -PackageName starship -FileFullPath64 $fileLocation -Destination $toolsDir Remove-Item $fileLocation
From: https://github.com/starship/starship/raw/master/LICENSE LICENSE ISC License Copyright (c) 2019, Starship Contributors Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
md5: BD302E205C0FA59C7A7CABB685529977 | sha1: 11D35276CB658675B0B743ECC9683AE992520422 | sha256: 70068FCE6E2A8935696916C77281926A0CCA4787821DB3216AC183862A832B6A | sha512: C4EAA8CC69B8A583863278DD39297E8492BD19DFCC59C55113663A3AA4281CB9A1CAC479157635781C95DAE018FC4F5B958FA8995CA1D5A3D0DE37B10CBE5C51
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. https://github.com/starship/starship/releases/latest/download/starship-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc.zip.sha256 121719346ea68ed11c0f58a75f785b7cbb8e0b4c9e5b2f59f8472251b13bc752
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- starship.portable.0.41.0.nupkg (b81aedc38fb9) - ## / 62
- starship-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc.zip (70068fce6e2a) - ## / 65
- starship.exe (474100b214b1) - ## / 73
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Starship 0.41.0||293||Tuesday, April 28, 2020||Approved|
|Starship 0.40.1||34||Sunday, April 12, 2020||Approved|
|Starship 0.39.0||45||Tuesday, April 7, 2020||Approved|
|Starship 0.38.1||48||Saturday, March 28, 2020||Approved|
|Starship 0.38.0||52||Saturday, March 21, 2020||Approved|
|Starship 0.37.0||71||Friday, March 6, 2020||Approved|
|Starship 0.36.0||46||Tuesday, February 18, 2020||Approved|
2019, Starship Contributors
- Fix latest clippy suggestions (#1136)
- Do not depend on user's config in conda tests (#1098)
- crystal: Add Crystal module to default prompt order (#1140)
- haskell: avoid creating .lock files or downloading GHC (#1147)
- haskell: add description for haskell, used by the explain command (#1141)
- python: Fix venv name not showing when using pyenv (#1046)
- deps: bump git2 from 0.13.4 to 0.13.5 (#1151)
- deps: bump attohttpc from 0.12.0 to 0.13.0 (#1150)
- deps: bump git2 from 0.13.3 to 0.13.4 (#1135)
- deps: bump git2 from 0.13.2 to 0.13.3 (#1132)
- deps: bump sysinfo from 0.13.3 to 0.14.1
- deps: bump regex from 1.3.6 to 1.3.7
- deps: bump sysinfo from 0.13.2 to 0.13.3
- deps: bump sysinfo from 0.13.1 to 0.13.2 (#1101)
- Add more detailed logging for executing cmds (#1097)
- release: v0.41.0
- python: Fix broken tests (#1103)
- Fix broken installation link anchor on README (#1033)
- Remove unused closing tag from config page (#1125)
- Modify config keys from shell (#1095)
- erlang: Add Erlang module (#1129)
- package: configurable displaying package version for packages marked as private (#1109)
- python: Add scan_for_pyfiles option (#692)
- Add null tests to modules that don't have them (#1104)
- release: v0.41.0
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Starship and the Starship package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Starship, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.