Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 3.1:
13 Apr 2021
- JAM Software GmbH
Tags:fast file search
UltraSearch Free (Portable)
3.1 | Updated: 13 Apr 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
UltraSearch Free (Portable)
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 13 Apr 2021.
UltraSearch Free searches files and folders on local NTFS drives and provides the results within just a few seconds.
UltraSearch Free achieves its speed by its innovative usage of the MFT (Master File Table) of NTFS partitions. No permanent index stored on your hard disks is required: UltraSearch Free uses only the system memory for indexing. The flexible search tool will even identify NTFS hardlinks.
You can enter a file name, a pattern like *.EXE or a regular expression and you will see the results within seconds. Searching for file types like 'Office Files' as well as searching for file content are supported. Additional file information like file size, file dates, or file attributes can be displayed.
Folders, files, or file types can be excluded from the search. The search results can be sorted according to different criteria, printed, or exported as Excel, Text, CSV, HTML or RTF file.
Recently used search patterns can be saved and selected from a drop-down list. UltraSearch Free can be started from the context menu of your Windows Explorer - starting a search within the selected folder could not be easier. The result list of UltraSearch Free also provides a context menu which supports known file operations like the 'Open', 'Copy' or 'Move' operation.
UltraSearch Free is automatically "installed" in English.
You can change the language to German if you add "-params /lang=De" to the Chocolatey installation command.
cinst ultrasearch.portable -params /lang=DE
$packagename = 'ultrasearch.portable' $url = 'https://downloads.jam-software.de/ultrasearch_free/UltraSearch-x64-Free-Portable.zip' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $checksumType = 'sha256' $checksum = '3B03D419891AAE4267CC827CF0832CF72EFE9F3B58B44E99B3CB5949DF14F2EC' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName $packagename -Url $url -UnzipLocation $toolsDir -checksum $checksum -checksumType $checksumType
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- ultrasearch.portable.3.1.nupkg (3b6d03f49aff) - ## / 62
- UltraSearch-x64-Free-Portable.zip (3b03d419891a) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|UltraSearch Free (Portable) 3.1||28||Tuesday, April 13, 2021||Approved|
|UltraSearch Free (Portable) 3.0.1||72||Tuesday, December 22, 2020||Approved|
|UltraSearch Free (Portable) 3.0||87||Thursday, October 8, 2020||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 2.3.2||391||Tuesday, April 23, 2019||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 2.3.1||95||Tuesday, April 16, 2019||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 2.3||136||Friday, March 1, 2019||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 2.2||170||Monday, November 12, 2018||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 2.1.2||526||Thursday, July 21, 2016||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 18.104.22.168||294||Tuesday, February 14, 2017||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 2.1.1||292||Monday, July 4, 2016||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 2.0.3||258||Wednesday, March 23, 2016||Approved|
|UltraSearch (Portable) 1.8.1||482||Thursday, July 3, 2014||Approved|
© 1996-2020 by Joachim Marder e.K.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about UltraSearch Free (Portable) and the UltraSearch Free (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or UltraSearch Free (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.