Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.51.3-rc2:
13 Oct 2020
- Benjamin C. Pierce
Tags:backup sync gtk
This is a prerelease version of Unison.
2.51.3-rc2 | Updated: 13 Oct 2020
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is a prerelease version of Unison.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
Unison is a file-synchronization tool for OSX, Unix, and Windows. It allows two replicas of a collection
of files and directories to be stored on different hosts (or different disks on the same host), modified
separately, and then brought up to date by propagating the changes in each replica to the other.
Unison shares a number of features with tools such as configuration management packages (CVS, PRCS,
Subversion, BitKeeper, etc.), distributed filesystems (Coda, etc.), uni-directional mirroring utilities
(rsync, etc.), and other synchronizers (Intellisync, Reconcile, etc). However, there are several points
where it differs:
- Unison runs on both Windows and many flavors of Unix (Solaris, Linux, OS X, etc.) systems. Moreover,
Unison works across platforms, allowing you to synchronize a Windows laptop with a Unix server, for example.
- Unlike simple mirroring or backup utilities, Unison can deal with updates to both replicas of a
distributed directory structure. Updates that do not conflict are propagated automatically. Conflicting updates are detected and displayed.
- Unlike a distributed filesystem, Unison is a user-level program: there is no need to modify the kernel
or to have superuser privileges on either host.
- Unison works between any pair of machines connected to the internet, communicating over either a
direct socket link or tunneling over an encrypted ssh connection. It is careful with network
bandwidth, and runs well over slow links such as PPP connections. Transfers of small updates to large
files are optimized using a compression protocol similar to rsync.
- Unison is resilient to failure. It is careful to leave the replicas and its own private structures in
a sensible state at all times, even in case of abnormal termination or communication failures.
- Unison has a clear and precise specification.
- Unison is free; full source code is available under the GNU Public License.
If this package isn't up-to-date for some days, Create an issue
$packageName = $env:ChocolateyPackageName $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" $url = 'https://github.com/bcpierce00/unison/releases/download/v2.51.3_rc2/unison-v2.51.3_rc2+ocaml-4.05.0.windows.zip' $checksum = 'e95ef9bf69fe33819e2e01caa8bf07b3563834dac18e32a5072d4f5d367f9308' $checksumType = 'sha256' Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType"
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- unison.2.51.3-rc2.nupkg (b9111a11f3b4) - ## / 61
- unison-v2.51.3_rc2+ocaml-4.05.0.windows.zip (e95ef9bf69fe) - ## / 65
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Unison 2.51.4||282||Friday, June 25, 2021||Approved|
|Unison 2.51.4-rc3||38||Wednesday, June 16, 2021||Exempted|
|Unison 2.51.4-rc2||45||Wednesday, March 17, 2021||Exempted|
|Unison 2.51.4-rc1||50||Tuesday, January 5, 2021||Exempted|
|Unison 2.51.3||582||Wednesday, October 21, 2020||Approved|
|Unison 2.51.3-rc3||42||Sunday, October 18, 2020||Exempted|
|Unison 2.51.3-rc2||30||Tuesday, October 13, 2020||Exempted|
|Unison 2.51.2||291||Wednesday, August 26, 2020||Approved|
|Unison 2.48.4||2789||Friday, July 29, 2016||Approved|
|Unison 2.48.3||953||Monday, April 6, 2015||Approved|
© 1998 Benjamin C. Pierce, 2014 Alan Schmitt
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Unison and the Unison package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Unison, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.