Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.1:
16 May 2021
Tags:microsoft visual c++ runtime redistributable vcredist vcruntime admin
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime - all versions
1.0.1 | Updated: 16 May 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime - all versions
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package was approved by moderator mwallner on 25 May 2021.
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs run-time components of Visual C++ libraries. These components are required to run C++ applications that are developed using Visual Studio and link dynamically to Visual C++ libraries. The packages can be used to run such applications on a computer even if it does not have Visual Studio installed. These packages also install run-time components of C Runtime (CRT), Standard C++, MFC, C++ AMP, and OpenMP libraries.
This metapackage installs packages for all Visual C++ Runtime releases since 2005.
(Yes, dependencies on vcredist2015 and vcredist2017 are redundant, but are included here because other packages depend on them.)
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- vcredist-all.1.0.1.nupkg (07f99eff2bc1) - ## / 58
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime - all versions 1.0.1||24436||Sunday, May 16, 2021||Approved|
|Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime - all versions 1.0.0||219894||Monday, April 3, 2017||Approved|
1.0.1: Updated dependency on vcredist2005.
- This discussion is only about Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime - all versions and the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime - all versions package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime - all versions, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.