Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 7.4.2098-nightly:
24 Jul 2016
Tags:vim-nightly vim nightly-build editor
This is a prerelease version of vim-nightly.
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -packageName 'vim-nightly' -UnzipLocation $(Split-Path -Parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition) -Url64bit 'https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer/releases/download/v7.4.2098/gvim_7.4.2098_x64.zip' -Url 'https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer/releases/download/v7.4.2098/gvim_7.4.2098_x86.zip'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- diff.exe (4ceceebc8150) - ## / 68
- libiconv-2.dll (cb363e9556dd) - ## / 56
- libintl-8.dll (2f2d2f521619) - ## / 56
- libwinpthread-1.dll (285d58a93a64) - ## / 68
- libiconv-2.dll (19eca7870855) - ## / 57
- libintl-8.dll (5cbbe4cb34ef) - ## / 57
- vim-nightly.7.4.2098-nightly.nupkg (799fa5ccb7d2) - ## / 53
- gvim.exe (82a5e8d967fa) - ## / 55
- install.exe (797bb38caaeb) - ## / 55
- tee.exe (19596026b5c0) - ## / 55
- uninstal.exe (d26a62fcdebd) - ## / 55
- vim.exe (4643a97ae728) - ## / 55
- vimrun.exe (09c4d060514f) - ## / 55
- xxd.exe (d81079e48359) - ## / 55
- gvimext.dll (6f247b3fc9a7) - ## / 55
- gvimext64.dll (0a9a626080ce) - ## / 54
- gvim.exe (2e9bfef41c41) - ## / 55
- install.exe (a20564cd4843) - ## / 55
- tee.exe (9090666553d8) - ## / 55
- uninstal.exe (3aeaf0d23cb3) - ## / 55
- vim.exe (1db631defe80) - ## / 55
- vimrun.exe (6ce13d563076) - ## / 55
- xxd.exe (ace33da0d845) - ## / 55
- gvimext.dll (ed82799c660c) - ## / 55
- gvimext64.dll (75bf73ac95ef) - ## / 55
- gvim_7.4.2098_x64.zip (c588194e17b1) - ## / 55
- gvim_7.4.2098_x86.zip (4830c83ce4ca) - ## / 55
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|vim-nightly 7.4.2098-nightly||355||Sunday, July 24, 2016||Exempted|
|vim-nightly 7.4.2066-nightly||280||Monday, July 18, 2016||Exempted|
|vim-nightly 7.4.2054-nightly||273||Sunday, July 17, 2016||Exempted|
|vim-nightly 7.4.2028-nightly||279||Monday, July 11, 2016||Exempted|
|vim-nightly 7.4.2025-nightly||297||Monday, July 11, 2016||Exempted|
|vim-nightly 7.4.1990-nightly||259||Tuesday, July 5, 2016||Exempted|
|vim-nightly 7.4.1952-nightly||254||Friday, June 24, 2016||Exempted|
Nightly Vim Windows build snapshots (more information).
- 7.4.2098 Text object tests are old style. Solution: Turn them into new style tests. (James McCoy,
- 7.4.2097 Warning from 64 bit compiler. Solution: use size_t instead of int. (Mike Williams)
- 7.4.2096 Lambda functions show up with completion. Solution: Don't show lambda functions. (Ken Tak
- 7.4.2095 Man test fails when run with the GUI. Solution: Adjust for different behavior of GUI. Add
- 7.4.2094 The color allocation in X11 is overly complicated. Solution: Remove find_closest_color(),
- 7.4.2093 Netbeans test fails once in a while. Leaving log file behind. Solution: Add it to the lis
Download and execute the most recent gvim_7.._x86.exe file to install Vim.
The exe file contains the (32bit) installer while the .zip files contain an
archive of the 32bit (_x86) or 64bit versions (_x64). To install it, extract
the archive and update your PATH variable. The installer will do that
automatically and provide some additional extensions (e.g. Edit with Vim menu).
The gvim...pdb.zip file only contains the corresponding pdb files for debugging the binaries.
If you need a dynamic interface to Perl, Python2, Python3, Ruby, TCL, Lua or Racket/MzScheme,
make sure you also install the following. Vim will work without it, but some Plugin
might need this additional dependency. (e.g. Gundo needs a working Pyhton2 installation,
Command-T needs a working Ruby installation and Neocomplete needs a working Lua
installation). This means, those interpreters have to be installed in addition to Vim.
Without it Vim won't be able to use that feature! You can find those interperters here:
Make sure that you install the same architecture (32bit/64bit) that matches your Vim installation.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about vim-nightly and the vim-nightly package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or vim-nightly, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.