Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 188.8.131.52:
05 Mar 2017
GitHub Extension For Visual Studio
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was approved by moderator AdmiringWorm on 13 Mar 2017.
The GitHub Extension for Visual Studio provides GitHub integration in Visual Studio 2015. Most of the extension UI lives in the Team Explorer pane, which is available from the View menu.
Official builds of this extension are available at the official website.
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; # stop on all errors Install-ChocolateyVsixPackage -packageName 'visualstudio-github' -VsixUrl 'https://github.com/github/VisualStudio/releases/download/v184.108.40.206/GitHub.VisualStudio.vsix' -checksum '5F61CD8397AF983F4FAD5FF65E88C54D8C9C7C135C3499A312F9FDE37088B4D2' -checksumType 'sha256'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|GitHub Extension For Visual Studio 220.127.116.11||1131||Sunday, March 5, 2017||Approved|
|GitHub Extension For Visual Studio 18.104.22.168||306||Monday, February 13, 2017||Approved|
|GitHub Extension For Visual Studio 22.214.171.124||282||Tuesday, January 31, 2017||Exempted|
|GitHub Extension For Visual Studio 126.96.36.199||280||Monday, January 30, 2017||Exempted|
|GitHub Extension For Visual Studio 188.8.131.52||265||Sunday, January 22, 2017||Exempted|
|GitHub Extension For Visual Studio 184.108.40.206||295||Wednesday, December 21, 2016||Exempted|
- #412 Add GitHub icon in the toolbar to open the corresponding pane on the website
- #812 Add automation ids to controls
- #824 Link buttons on PR list don't say what button will do
- #865 Remove ListView from Pull Request Details
- #783 Publish dialog not disabled during publish
- #839 Login dialog shows in Team Explorer during publish
- #823 Refreshing PR list crashes VS when no network connection
- #786 Error message not being cleared after checkout pull request succeeds
- #837 Visual Studio crashes trying to login to a 2FA-enabled account
- #825 Changed file table columns keep ending up too narrow
- #796 Publish to GitHub button in TE does not support high contrast
- #530 Hide copy/open link when file not hosted on repo
- #643 'Publish to GitHub' panels TextBox styling not consistent with other controls
- #847 Make URL of GitHub repo on Team Explorer - Home clickable (consistent with VSTS)
- #672 No success message returned after publishing local repo.
- #793 File icon on PR details view looks bad on dark theme when highlight is on
- #776 Clone dialog displays "No Repositories" message sporadically
- #655 Missing Icon on VS Start Page
- #849 Clone repo while cloning another repo
- #805 Should return to PR list after creating a PR
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about GitHub Extension For Visual Studio and the GitHub Extension For Visual Studio package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or GitHub Extension For Visual Studio, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.