Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 3.8.1:
26 Oct 2021
- Le Tan
Tags:vnote notes markdown
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 26 Oct 2021.
Markdown Editor & Notes Management
Notebook-Based Notes Management
VNote uses notebooks to hold your notes. Like OneNote, a notebook can be hosted on any location on your system. A notebook is designed to represent one account. For example, you could have one notebook hosted on local file system and another notebook hosted on an OwnCloud server. This is really useful when notes require different levels of security.
A notebook corresponds to a self-contained folder (called the Root Folder of the notebook) in the file system. You could copy the folder to another location (or on another computer) and import it into VNote.
A notebook could have infinite levels of folders. VNote supports copying or moving folders or notes within or between notebooks.
Simple Notes Management
All your notes are managed by some plaintext configuration files and stored as plaintext files. You could access your notes without VNote. You could use external file synchronization services to synchronize your notes and import them on another machine.
VNote supports both Markdown (suffix
md) and rich text notes.
VNote supports accurate syntax highlight for Markdown. Tuning the style of the highlight, VNote enables you to keep track of your document easily.
VNote also supports syntax highlight for fenced code blocks in edit mode in Markdown, which is superior than almost all current Markdown editors.
Live Image Preview
VNote supports previewing the image link in edit mode. With this, you could just stay in edit mode as much as possible.
Pleasant Image Experience
Just paste your image into the Markdown note, VNote will manage all other stuffs. VNote stores images in a specified folder in the same folder with the note. VNote will pop up a window to preview the image when you insert an image. Furthermore, VNote will delete the useless image files automatically after you remove the image links.
Interactive Outline Viewer In Read & Edit Mode
VNote provides a user-friendly outline viewer for both edit and view mode. The outline viewer is a responsive item tree instead of a segment of HTML.
VNote supports many pleasant and powerful shortcuts which facilitate your editing, including Vim Mode, Captain Mode, and Navigation Mode which enable you to work without the mouse.
In VNote, almost everything is configurable, such as background color, font, and Markdown style. VNote uses a plaintext file to record all your configuration, so you could just copy that file to initialize a new VNote on another computer.
$packageName = 'vnote.portable' $url32 = 'https://github.com/vnotex/vnote/releases/download/v3.8.1/vnote-win-x86_v3.8.1.zip' $url64 = 'https://github.com/vnotex/vnote/releases/download/v3.8.1/vnote-win-x64_v3.8.1.zip' $checksum32 = 'f36ffab13822d5b0471b24e1cbaa8d73835024df58cfadb91f5eda0d846bdeaa' $checksum64 = 'a9d179c606f1aea9fdc95691cf994c9a3732fa5604efc4ac7aea8de81b11b5f8' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url32" ` -Url64Bit "$url64" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum32" ` -ChecksumType "sha256" ` -Checksum64 "$checksum64" ` -ChecksumType64 "sha256" `
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- vnote.portable.3.8.1.nupkg (75512f6022ef) - ## / 60
- vnote-win-x64_v3.8.1.zip (a9d179c606f1) - ## / 61
- vnote-win-x86_v3.8.1.zip (f36ffab13822) - ## / 57
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|VNote (Portable) 3.8.1||19||Tuesday, October 26, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.7.0||80||Saturday, August 28, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.6.0||54||Sunday, August 15, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.5.1||14||Thursday, July 29, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.5.0||12||Sunday, July 25, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.4.0||60||Saturday, July 10, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.3.0||60||Sunday, June 20, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.2.0||60||Sunday, June 6, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.1.0||55||Saturday, May 22, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 3.0.1||51||Thursday, May 13, 2021||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.10||212||Saturday, September 5, 2020||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.9.1||284||Monday, April 13, 2020||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.9||139||Saturday, March 28, 2020||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.8.2||243||Saturday, December 21, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.8.1||82||Wednesday, December 18, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.8||139||Sunday, December 1, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.7.2||201||Friday, August 2, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.7.1||155||Wednesday, June 26, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.7||116||Saturday, June 22, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.6||134||Saturday, June 1, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.5||131||Sunday, May 12, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.4||169||Friday, April 5, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.3||157||Tuesday, March 5, 2019||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.2||180||Saturday, December 15, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.1||186||Sunday, October 28, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 2.0||164||Saturday, September 22, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 1.22||129||Tuesday, September 18, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 1.18||193||Saturday, June 9, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 1.17||181||Saturday, June 2, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 1.16||204||Saturday, May 12, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 1.15||205||Sunday, April 29, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 1.14||255||Wednesday, April 4, 2018||Approved|
|VNote (Portable) 1.13||211||Wednesday, March 28, 2018||Approved|
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about VNote (Portable) and the VNote (Portable) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or VNote (Portable), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.