Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.3.4:
23 Nov 2020
Tags:arduino debugger sketch vscode microsoft
Arduino VSCode Extension
This is not the latest version of Arduino VSCode Extension available.
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is not the latest version of Arduino VSCode Extension available.
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
1 Test Passing and 1 Exempted Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing Exempt:
Requires existing VS Code install
This package was approved as a trusted package on 23 Nov 2020.
The Arduino extension makes it easy to develop, build, deploy and debug your Arduino sketches in Visual Studio Code, with a rich set of functionalities
- IntelliSense and syntax highlighting for Arduino sketches
- Verify and upload your sketches in Visual Studio Code
- Built-in board and library manager
- Built-in example list
- Built-in serial monitor
- Snippets for sketches
- Automatic Arduino project scaffolding
- Command Palette (F1) integration of frequently used commands (e.g. Verify, Upload...)
- Integrated Arduino debugging
- This package requires an Arduino IDE 1.6.x or newer.
You can install a version using the Arduino Chocolatey package or using the official distributions. Note the Windows Store / App version is not supported.
- This package requires Visual Studio Code 1.50.0 or newer.
You can install either the vscode or vscode-insiders package.
- The extension will be installed in all editions of Visual Studio Code which can be found.
- While this package installs a specific version of the extension, Visual Studio Code by default will update the extension to the latest version on startup if there's a newer version available on the marketplace.
See Extension auto-update for instructions on how to disable auto-update.
- This package is automatically updated using the Chocolatey Automatic Package Update Model (AU).
If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.
------------------------------------------ START OF LICENSE ----------------------------------------- vscode-arduino Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved. MIT License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the ""Software""), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED *AS IS*, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. ----------------------------------------------- END OF LICENSE ------------------------------------------
VERIFICATION Verification is intended to assist the Chocolatey moderators and community in verifying that this package's contents are trustworthy. The Visual Code extension has been downloaded from the official Visual Studio Marketplace public gallery and can be verified by: 1. Go to the Visual Studio Marketplace page for the extension https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vsciot-vscode.vscode-arduino and download the extension vsciot-vscode.vscode-arduino-0.3.4.vsix using the Download Extension link in the Resources section of the sidebar. Alternatively the package can be downloaded directly from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/_apis/public/gallery/publishers/vsciot-vscode/vsextensions/vscode-arduino/0.3.4/vspackage 2. The extension can be validated by comparing checksums - Use powershell function 'Get-Filehash' - Get-Filehash vsciot-vscode.vscode-arduino-0.3.4.vsix - Use chocolatey utility 'checksum.exe' - checksum -t sha256 -f HookyQRvsciot-vscode.vscode-arduino-0.3.4.vsix Type: sha256 Checksum: D8A7E0155DD186C03374949634D5841CF31D7BB74BA27CE58DC0339379F91223 File LICENSE.txt is obtained from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items/vsciot-vscode.vscode-arduino/license
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-VsCodeExtension -extensionId "$toolsDir\vsciot-vscode.vscode-arduino-0.3.4.vsix"
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' Uninstall-VsCodeExtension -extensionId 'vsciot-vscode.vscode-arduino-0.2.28'
md5: E6B1BF49B6CC14FDBD1D00ED3079F742 | sha1: 8CCC4D7FF0AD1F10B5AE9BB6EF36795BF3C173E0 | sha256: D8A7E0155DD186C03374949634D5841CF31D7BB74BA27CE58DC0339379F91223 | sha512: AD914C8C94B1133A244C125ECADC2B0ED9DA75658599145EA4581198F542A3BE1476BF37C1E5C9A2819EF077F6979FE15F6FE47A08D0A4FF0108C646DE496A66
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.4.0||250||Friday, March 26, 2021||Approved|
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.3.5||419||Thursday, February 18, 2021||Approved|
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.3.4||789||Monday, November 23, 2020||Approved|
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.3.3||176||Saturday, October 31, 2020||Approved|
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.3.2||449||Wednesday, August 26, 2020||Approved|
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.3.1||431||Tuesday, June 9, 2020||Approved|
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.3.0||347||Friday, March 27, 2020||Approved|
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.2.29||654||Thursday, January 2, 2020||Approved|
|Arduino VSCode Extension 0.2.28||78||Friday, December 13, 2019||Approved|
Copyright 2017-2019 Microsoft Corporation
- This discussion is only about Arduino VSCode Extension and the Arduino VSCode Extension package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Arduino VSCode Extension, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.