Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 0.1.91:
16 Sep 2020
Tags:live-share-audio collaboration audio call voice vscode microsoft
Live Share Audio VSCode Extension
0.1.91 | Updated: 16 Sep 2020
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Live Share Audio VSCode Extension
This Package Contains an Exempted Check
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was approved by moderator gep13 on 16 Sep 2020.
Visual Studio Live Share Audio enhances the existing Visual Studio Live Share experience, by
enabling you to quickly spin up an audio call directly from within Visual Studio Code, without needing to use a
separate tool or service. Participants within a Live Share session can automatically join the call, and chat amongst
each other, without needing to first coordinate which voice communication tool to use. For certain use cases (e.g. online
training/mentoring, hack-a-thons), this can dramatically help reduce the barriers for collaboration.
- This package requires Visual Studio Code 1.21.0 or newer.
You can install either the vscode or vscode-insiders package.
- The extension will be installed in all editions of Visual Studio Code which can be found.
- While this package installs a specific version of the extension, Visual Studio Code by default will update the extension to the latest version on startup if there's a newer version available on the marketplace.
See Extension auto-update for instructions on how to disable auto-update.
- This package is automatically updated using the Chocolatey Automatic Package Update Model (AU).
If you find it is out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' $toolsDir = "$(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)" Install-VsCodeExtension -extensionId '[email protected]'
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' Uninstall-VsCodeExtension -extensionId 'MS-vsliveshare.vsliveshare-audio'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Live Share Audio VSCode Extension 0.1.91||97||Wednesday, September 16, 2020||Approved|
|Live Share Audio VSCode Extension 0.1.85||61||Sunday, June 28, 2020||Approved|
Copyright 2018-2020 Microsoft Corporation
- This discussion is only about Live Share Audio VSCode Extension and the Live Share Audio VSCode Extension package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Live Share Audio VSCode Extension, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.