Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 126.96.36.19981011:
11 Oct 2018
- David Anson
Tags:microsoft visualstudiocode vscode extension markdown markdownlint
Visual Studio Code Markdownlint Extension
188.8.131.5281011 | Updated: 11 Oct 2018
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Visual Studio Code Markdownlint Extension
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 13 Jul 2020.
Markdown linting and style checking for Visual Studio Code.
The Markdown markup language is designed to be easy to read, write, and understand. It succeeds - and its flexibility is both a benefit and a drawback. Many styles are possible, so formatting can be inconsistent. Some constructs don't work well in all parsers and should be avoided. For example, here are some common/troublesome Markdown constructs.
markdownlint is a Visual Studio Code extension that includes a library of rules to encourage standards and consistency for Markdown files. It is powered by markdownlint for Node.js which is based on markdownlint for Ruby.
- The package always installs the latest version of the extension.
The version of the Chocolatey package reflects not the version of the extension.
Update-SessionEnvironment code --install-extension DavidAnson.vscode-markdownlint
Update-SessionEnvironment code --uninstall-extension DavidAnson.vscode-markdownlint
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Visual Studio Code Markdownlint Extension 184.108.40.20681011||2763||Thursday, October 11, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio Code Markdownlint Extension 220.127.116.1180620||467||Wednesday, June 20, 2018||Approved|
|Visual Studio Code Markdownlint Extension 1.0.0||787||Monday, November 14, 2016||Approved|
- This discussion is only about Visual Studio Code Markdownlint Extension and the Visual Studio Code Markdownlint Extension package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Visual Studio Code Markdownlint Extension, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.