Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.2.0:
05 Apr 2021
Tags:vscode-puppet puppet extension vscode
Puppet VSCode Extension
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package was approved as a trusted package on 05 Apr 2021.
Puppet extension for Visual Studio Code
This extension provides full Puppet Language support for Visual Studio Code.
- Syntax highlighting
- IntelliSense for resources, parameters and more
- Outline View
- Go to Symbol
- Open Symbol by Name
- Live Workspace Intellisense
- Code snippets
- Go to Definition of functions, types and classes
- Validation of
- Import from
puppet resourcedirectly into manifests
- Node graph preview
- Puppet Development Kit integration
- (Experimental) Local debugging of Puppet manifests
- (Experimental) Docker Language Server support
It is currently in technical preview, so that we can gather bug reports and find out what new features to add.
Supported Puppet Versions
The Puppet Extension for VSCode works with Puppet 4 or higher. Some features will be slower or not work on Puppet 4, and are noted in the section for that feature. See open source Puppet and Puppet Enterprise lifecycle pages for version support details.
Please Note: This is an automatically updated package. If you find it is
out of date by more than a day or two, please contact the maintainer(s) and
let them know the package is no longer updating correctly.
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' Install-VsCodeExtension -extensionId '[email protected]' Write-Warning "If installed, you'll need to uninstall the old 'jpogran.puppet-vscode' puppet extension manually."
$ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop' Uninstall-VsCodeExtension -extensionId 'puppet.puppet-vscode'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- vscode-puppet.1.2.0.nupkg (c845f889d890) - ## / 61
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Puppet VSCode Extension 1.2.0||70||Monday, April 5, 2021||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 1.1.0||144||Wednesday, January 27, 2021||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 1.0.0||133||Wednesday, November 11, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.28.0||219||Monday, July 20, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.27.3||123||Thursday, June 18, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.27.1||79||Thursday, June 11, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.27.0||73||Monday, June 8, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.26.1||118||Tuesday, May 12, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.26.0||93||Thursday, April 30, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.25.2||206||Monday, March 30, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.24.1||97||Friday, March 27, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.24.0||136||Friday, February 28, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.23.0||130||Friday, January 31, 2020||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.22.0||88||Tuesday, December 24, 2019||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.21.0||129||Friday, September 27, 2019||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.20.0||181||Wednesday, August 28, 2019||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.19.0||88||Thursday, July 18, 2019||Approved|
|Puppet VSCode Extension 0.18.1||98||Thursday, June 6, 2019||Approved|
- This discussion is only about Puppet VSCode Extension and the Puppet VSCode Extension package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Puppet VSCode Extension, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.