Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.55.2:
14 Apr 2021
- Peter Squicciarini
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 14 Apr 2021.
Free/Libre Open Source Software binaries of Visual Studio Code.
- Meet IntelliSense: Go beyond syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense, which provides smart completions based on variable types, function definitions, and imported modules.
- Print statement debugging is a thing of the past: Debug code right from the editor. Launch or attach to your running apps and debug with break points, call stacks, and an interactive console.
- Git commands built-in: Working with Git and other SCM providers has never been easier. Review diffs, stage files, and make commits right from the editor. Push and pull from any hosted SCM service.
- Extensible and customizable: Want even more features? Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services. Extensions run in separate processes, ensuring they won't slow down your editor. Learn more about extensions.
/NoDesktopIcon- Don't add a desktop icon.
/NoQuicklaunchIcon- Don't add an icon to the QuickLaunch area.
/NoAddContextMenuFiles- Don't add an Open with VSCodium entry to the context menu for files.
/NoAddContextMenuFolders- Dont't add an Open with VSCodium entry to the context menu for folders.
/AssociateWithFiles- Register VSCodium as an editor for supported file types.
/NoAddToPath- Don't add VSCodium to the system PATH.
choco install vscodium --params "/NoDesktopIcon /NoAddToPath"
- The package uses default install options except that it adds context menu entries and VSCodium isn't started after installation.
- You can disable auto-update if you prefer to update VS Code on your own schedule.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- vscodium.1.55.2.nupkg (964363185419) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|VSCodium 1.55.2||305||Wednesday, April 14, 2021||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.55.1||805||Friday, April 9, 2021||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.55.0||630||Thursday, April 1, 2021||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.54.3||1900||Tuesday, March 16, 2021||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.54.2||592||Saturday, March 13, 2021||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.53.2||2163||Friday, February 12, 2021||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.53.1||402||Wednesday, February 10, 2021||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.53.0||634||Sunday, February 7, 2021||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.52.1||2732||Thursday, December 17, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.52.0||678||Saturday, December 12, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.51.1||1726||Thursday, November 12, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.51.0||1036||Friday, November 6, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.50.1||1553||Thursday, October 15, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.50.0||911||Friday, October 9, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.49.2||1217||Friday, September 25, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.49.1||794||Friday, September 18, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.49.0||766||Friday, September 11, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.48.2||1317||Wednesday, August 26, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.48.1||659||Saturday, August 22, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.48.0||736||Friday, August 14, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.47.3||1300||Tuesday, July 28, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.47.2||943||Friday, July 17, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.47.1||387||Wednesday, July 15, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.47.0||624||Friday, July 10, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.46.1||1448||Friday, June 19, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.46.0||794||Friday, June 12, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.45.1||1755||Friday, May 15, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.45.0||740||Friday, May 8, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.44.2||1259||Tuesday, April 21, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.44.1||709||Wednesday, April 15, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.44.0||636||Thursday, April 9, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.43.2||1417||Monday, April 6, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.43.1||1558||Thursday, March 19, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 188.8.131.5200316||597||Monday, March 16, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.42.1||2002||Friday, February 14, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.42.0||741||Friday, February 7, 2020||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.41.1||2089||Saturday, December 21, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.41.0||686||Friday, December 13, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.40.2||1084||Wednesday, November 27, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.40.1||815||Friday, November 15, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.40.0||623||Friday, November 8, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.39.2||1155||Wednesday, October 16, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.39.1||466||Friday, October 11, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.39.0||209||Thursday, October 10, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.38.1||1186||Thursday, September 12, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.38.0||577||Thursday, September 5, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.37.1||903||Friday, August 16, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.37.0||466||Friday, August 9, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.36.1||1103||Wednesday, July 10, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.36.0||416||Thursday, July 4, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.35.1||884||Thursday, June 13, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.35.0||517||Friday, June 7, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.34.0||839||Friday, May 17, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 184.108.40.20690509||560||Wednesday, May 8, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.33.1||1704||Friday, April 12, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.33.0||379||Saturday, April 6, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.32.3||353||Tuesday, March 19, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.31.1||364||Thursday, February 14, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.31.0||133||Sunday, February 10, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.30.2||278||Friday, January 11, 2019||Approved|
|VSCodium 1.30.1||136||Thursday, December 27, 2018||Approved|
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation, Peter Squicciarini
- This discussion is only about VSCodium and the VSCodium package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or VSCodium, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.