Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 188.8.131.5201205:
06 Dec 2020
- PHROZEN SAS
Tags:winja antivirus virus total
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator flcdrg on 18 Dec 2020.
Winja is a free application for Microsoft Windows that lets you find potential malware on your system. It uses the scanning engine of virtually all antivirus products in the market to give you a very precise idea of the risk posed by a particular file.
Two concrete examples of using Winja
- You have downloaded a file from the Internet, you want to remove as many doubts as possible. Drag this file onto the main window and wait for the results that will appear on your desktop.
- You suspect your computer is infected. Scan all services and processes for malware.
To do this, Winja first uses the VirusTotal public API to submit the fingerprint of a file. If this fingerprint exists, Winja returns the existing analysis report. If not (with your previously set permission), Winja sends the unknown file to VirusTotal servers for scanning. It is also possible for you to have files (called samples) analyzed again at any time to update the detection ratio.
Winja lets you, very simply and quickly, find suspicious files in places favored by malware
- Active Processes
- Processes that use network resources (that connect to the Internet)
- Applications that start with Windows
- Task Scheduler
You can also easily drag and drop files to the main Winja window or to the desktop gadget to scan them.
The final example of scanning is the use of an extension for Windows Explorer that allows you to request a scan by right-clicking on one or more files from your file browser.
Since version 6, Winja is available in French following strong demand from the French-speaking community.
Winja is cited and recommended by VirusTotal (a subsidiary of Google) as an alternative to their own desktop application for Windows: https://support.virustotal.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002179065-Desktop-apps
For our part, as well as theirs, we make sure that this application is a complement to your favorite antivirus and does not put at risk the antivirus brands that lend us their signatures free of charge.
For this reason, Winja remains a passive analysis tool and is not a substitute for the installation and use of an antivirus software.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Winja 184.108.40.20601205||247||Sunday, December 6, 2020||Approved|
|Winja 7.1||288||Sunday, March 29, 2020||Approved|
Copyright © 2020 - Phrozen SAS. Some Rights Reserved.
- This discussion is only about Winja and the Winja package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Winja, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.