Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 5.15.5:
16 Oct 2019
- Martin Přikryl
Tags:scp cli ssh sftp ftp remote file client foss admin
This is not the latest version of WinSCP available.
5.15.5 | Updated: 16 Oct 2019
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 16 Oct 2019.
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into many languages
- Integration with Windows (drag and drop, URL, shortcut icons, jump list)
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH and FTP and WebDAV protocols
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface and .NET assembly for advanced programming tasks
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Shares site settings with PuTTY
- Support for password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally protects stored site information with master password
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- winscp.5.15.5.nupkg (f3d9d618724d) - ## / 61
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|WinSCP 5.19||13150||Thursday, June 17, 2021||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.17.10||91007||Tuesday, January 26, 2021||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.17.9||62662||Saturday, November 21, 2020||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.17.8||38526||Thursday, October 15, 2020||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.17.7||57456||Friday, July 24, 2020||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.17.6||42337||Thursday, May 28, 2020||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.17.5||32203||Monday, April 27, 2020||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.17.4||6206||Friday, April 24, 2020||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.17.3||27000||Wednesday, April 1, 2020||Approved|
|WinSCP 184.108.40.20600316||23048||Monday, March 16, 2020||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.15.9||69356||Thursday, December 5, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.15.7||15242||Wednesday, November 27, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.15.5||39794||Wednesday, October 16, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.15.4||35669||Monday, September 16, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.15.3||41192||Sunday, July 21, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.15.2||66901||Wednesday, May 29, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.15.1||39876||Thursday, April 11, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.15||22887||Wednesday, March 27, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.9||11395||Tuesday, March 19, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.8||16206||Wednesday, February 27, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.7||29525||Tuesday, January 8, 2019||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.6||17253||Wednesday, December 12, 2018||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.5||15823||Wednesday, November 21, 2018||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.4||34277||Friday, August 31, 2018||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.3||31410||Monday, June 18, 2018||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.2||21659||Friday, May 11, 2018||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13.1||32869||Wednesday, March 28, 2018||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.13||47359||Monday, February 19, 2018||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.11.3||55947||Thursday, December 14, 2017||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.11.2||43364||Tuesday, October 10, 2017||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.11.1||14041||Tuesday, September 19, 2017||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.9.6||36166||Friday, June 30, 2017||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.9.5||22962||Saturday, April 22, 2017||Approved|
|WinSCP 220.127.116.1170323||8844||Friday, March 24, 2017||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.9.4||8249||Tuesday, February 28, 2017||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.9.3||16214||Saturday, December 3, 2016||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.9.2||7500||Tuesday, November 8, 2016||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.9.1||18884||Friday, August 12, 2016||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.9||6086||Friday, July 22, 2016||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.7.7||8430||Sunday, March 6, 2016||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.7.6||12083||Saturday, November 7, 2015||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.7.5||9775||Tuesday, August 11, 2015||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.7.4||408||Thursday, June 18, 2015||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.7.3||7528||Monday, May 25, 2015||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.7.2||3773||Sunday, April 19, 2015||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.7||6069||Monday, February 23, 2015||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.5.6.01||381||Tuesday, February 10, 2015||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.5.6||7269||Saturday, October 25, 2014||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.5.5||1325||Tuesday, October 14, 2014||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.5.1||6612||Tuesday, February 4, 2014||Approved|
|WinSCP 5.1.7||2995||Monday, August 19, 2013||Approved|
|WinSCP 18.104.22.168||1136||Tuesday, January 31, 2012||Approved|
© 2000 Martin Přikryl
- This discussion is only about WinSCP and the WinSCP package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or WinSCP, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.