Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 3.0.2:
24 Nov 2014
Tags:c++ wx widgets ui
This is not the latest version of wxWidgets available.
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is not the latest version of wxWidgets available.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
1 Test Unknown and 1 Failing Test
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing FailedDetails
This package was approved by moderator ferventcoder on 27 Nov 2014.
wxWidgets is a C++ library that lets developers create applications for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and other platforms with a single code base. It has popular language bindings for Python, Perl, Ruby and many other languages, and unlike other cross-platform toolkits, wxWidgets gives applications a truly native look and feel because it uses the platform's native API rather than emulating the GUI. It's also extensive, free, open-source and mature.
$packageName = 'wxwidgets' $installerType = 'EXE' $url = 'http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxwindows/files/3.0.2/wxMSW-3.0.2-Setup.exe/download' $silentArgs = '/silent' $validExitCodes = @(0) Install-ChocolateyPackage "$packageName" "$installerType" "$silentArgs" "$url" -validExitCodes $validExitCodes
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|wxWidgets 3.1.2||1019||Monday, April 15, 2019||Approved|
|wxWidgets 3.1.0||853||Thursday, August 18, 2016||Approved|
|wxWidgets 3.0.2||618||Monday, November 24, 2014||Approved|
|wxWidgets 3.0.1||366||Tuesday, November 4, 2014||Approved|
|wxWidgets 2.9.1||369||Thursday, November 6, 2014||Approved|
- Fix silent data loss in wx[F]File::Write(wxString) if conversion fails.
- Make wxString::FromCDouble() work when the global C++ locale is not the C one.
- Add support for "%V", "%G" and "%g" to wxDateTime::Format().
- Add wxGenericListCtrl::EndEditLabel() (Tim Kosse).
- Implement bounding box computation in wxGCDC (Toni RuÅ¾a).
- Fix saving GIF animations with 2.5s+ delays between frames (elvissteinjr).
- Add "variant" property to windows in XRC.
- Add XRC handler for wxSimplebook.
- Return correct value from wxCommandEvent::GetString() for programmatically
generated wxEVT_TEXT events from wxComboBox.
- Accept "default" as font family value in XRC (pieleric).
- Send events when toggling wxPropertyGrid nodes from keyboard (Armel Asselin).
- Fix mouse handling in wxNotebook containing wxListCtrl (Charlie Fenton).
- Fix layout of wxSearchCtrl to not truncate text in it.
- Fix Cygwin 1.7 build.
- Work around a bug in MinGW 4.8 headers and fix build with it too.
- Include x64 configurations in MSVC 8/9 project files too.
- Fix parallel build of MSVC 11/12 solutions (Artur Wieczorek).
- Fix background of wxRadioBox buttons and wxSlider (Artur Wieczorek).
- Fix appearance of wxToggleButtons with non default colours (Artur Wieczorek).
- Fix drawing on wxDC when using right-to-left layout (Artur Wieczorek).
- Fix wxGrid appearance and behaviour in RTL (Artur Wieczorek).
- Fix creating wxBitmap from monochrome wxIcon or wxCursor (Artur Wieczorek).
- Fix handling of bitmaps with alpha in wxImageList (Artur Wieczorek).
- Add paragraph spacing attributes support to wxTextCtrl (dannchr).
- Show new style directory selector even for non existent paths (raychow).
- Fix order of radial gradient stops (Alexandru Pana).
- Fix font created using wxFont(wxFontInfo()) ctor.
- Fix wxFileName::GetShortcutTarget() in console applications.
- Fix wxFileName::MakeRelativeTo() for shortcut files (gafatoa).
- Fix height of initially empty wxBitmapComboBox (Artur Wieczorek).
- Fix setting label of submenu items (Artur Wieczorek).
- Fix using Esc as accelerator in the menus.
- Fix wrong initial status bar height in some cases (Artur Wieczorek).
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about wxWidgets and the wxWidgets package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or wxWidgets, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.