Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 188.8.131.5260121:
21 Jan 2016
- XBMC Foundation
Tags:deprecated mediaserver video dlna
184.108.40.20660121 | Updated: 21 Jan 2016
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was approved by moderator doc on 22 Jan 2016.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|[DEPRECATED] XBMC 220.127.116.1160121||4387||Thursday, January 21, 2016||Approved|
|XBMC 13.2||2195||Monday, September 8, 2014||Unknown|
|XBMC 13.0||761||Wednesday, May 28, 2014||Unknown|
|XBMC 12.3||820||Wednesday, December 25, 2013||Unknown|
|XBMC 12.2||672||Wednesday, May 29, 2013||Unknown|
|XBMC 12.0||610||Friday, February 1, 2013||Unknown|
- Do not install
xbmc(this package). Install kodi.
- Updating this package will automatically install the most recent version of the kodi chocolatey package.
- Please update any links, dependencies, or scripts that reference this package to the new package name kodi.
Existing users - Cleanup (optional)
choco uninstall xbmc --all-versions --whatif
To manually remove xbmc temporary files created by chocolatey, you may safely do so by issuing one of the following commands:
for /d %i in (%ChocolateyInstall%\lib\xbmc*) do ECHO rd /s /q %i
Remove-Item $Env:ChocolateyInstall\lib\xbmc* -Recurse -Force -WHATIF
- After verifying the output targets the correct files, remove
WHATIFfrom the respective commands.
- Your console may need elevated privileges to remove the files. From a PowerShell console run one of the following commands:
Start-Process cmd -Verb runAs
Start-Process powershell -Verb runAs
- This discussion is only about [DEPRECATED] XBMC and the [DEPRECATED] XBMC package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or [DEPRECATED] XBMC, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.