Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 188.8.131.52:
14 Apr 2014
Tags:xplorer xplorer2 windows explorer file manager
This is not the latest version of xplorer² Pro available.
184.108.40.206 | Updated: 14 Apr 2014
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Unknown
Verification Testing Unknown
Scan Testing Successful:
No detections found in any package files
This package was approved as a trusted package on 25 Dec 2015.
xplorer² is a desktop file manager combining the simplicity of windows explorer with the speed and efficiency of traditional dual pane orthodox file managers, helping you be productive with your documents, pictures, music, source code and other files.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- xplorer2_setup64.exe (b98a29254db7) - ## / 57
- xplorer2_setup.exe (9b179405f43a) - ## / 57
- xplorer2pro.220.127.116.11.nupkg (9585981a05ff) - ## / 57
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 18.104.22.168||197||Thursday, October 29, 2020||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 22.214.171.124||52||Sunday, October 11, 2020||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 126.96.36.199||158||Thursday, May 14, 2020||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 188.8.131.52||148||Saturday, March 21, 2020||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 184.108.40.206||147||Friday, December 20, 2019||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 220.127.116.11||77||Thursday, November 21, 2019||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 18.104.22.168||69||Sunday, November 3, 2019||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 22.214.171.124||93||Monday, October 7, 2019||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 126.96.36.199||362||Monday, May 28, 2018||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 188.8.131.52||238||Monday, May 7, 2018||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro (Trial) 184.108.40.206||203||Monday, May 7, 2018||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro 220.127.116.11||543||Friday, December 11, 2015||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro 18.104.22.168||324||Tuesday, July 21, 2015||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro 22.214.171.124||340||Friday, June 12, 2015||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro 126.96.36.199||449||Friday, January 23, 2015||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro 188.8.131.52||507||Monday, June 16, 2014||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro 184.108.40.206||364||Monday, April 14, 2014||Approved|
|xplorer² Pro 220.127.116.11||417||Sunday, November 17, 2013||Approved|
- registry setting GAOPT_NOBROWSECPAN (=524288) controlling whether xplorer² browses into control panel items or not. For windows vista and later these "folders" are better handled by windows explorer
- Edit > Copy names command works in the folder tree too. This in addition to CTRL+P command that copies all the active tree branch to the clipboard.
- [P] docking panes have context menu (right click on titlebar) for various operations (dock/float/hide etc)
- custom drive icons are read from AUTORUN.INF files (if present for removable drives)
- corrected PDF text extraction for windows 8.1
- repaired removable media EJECT command from shell context menu
- picture thumbnails extracted from phones and cameras (thumbnail view and draft QV tab)
- [U] running the professional version in parallel to ultimate doesn't disable fast desktop search
- various small bugs fixed
- [P] robust copy correctly handles file symbolic links (copies the link not the file). Sadly like all symlink operations you must be running as full administrator otherwise you get a funny error message.
- [P] registry setting nUnbufferedCopyMB (default=1GB) sets a size limit above which robust copy is done without buffering. That supposedly fixes problems where your RAM is clogged by extremely huge file copying.
- [P] When robust delete dialog encounters some reparse point (e.g. folder junction or symbolic link) only deletes the reparse information, without touching the target folder. This makes the "confirm folder junctions" checkbox in the dialog rather irrelevant.
- More consistent handling of symbolic links, now you can see previews of them (text or pics) and even search for text in them (in the actual file target)
- New files inserted in a pane (e.g. pasted or dropped) are marked (selected). This lets you see which files were newly added. This feature is controlled by local registry setting variable nMarkNewFileMS which is the time (in milliseconds) xplorer² waits after a file operation is initiated to mark added files. Set this to 0 to disable this new marking feature. If a pane contains a prior selection (>=2 selected items) then this feature is suppressed.
- [U] Global registry value szSystemPropsList is a comma separated list of system properties to extend the file column and search attribute system. See here for the list of available properties: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd561977(v=vs.85).aspx . Some of them are already available as shell folder columns but some are only available through this route. Requires windows VISTA or later.
- in explorer replacement mode, "Open containing folder" menu command from 3rd party programs (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox) will correctly open and select items in xplorer². This is by far the most time consuming (wasted?) feature added in xplorer² in terms of development resources, enjoy!
- When you opt to replace windows explorer with xplorer² during installation, you get more folder types handled (including "virtuals" like MyComputer). Installer allows you to replace explorer for the current user or for all users with a tickbox. xplorer² is configured to automatically run when you boot up windows (silently).
- In the rare occasions when xplorer² cannot read a special folder (e.g. some items in control panel), you get the option to read it with windows explorer instead.
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about xplorer² Pro and the xplorer² Pro package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or xplorer² Pro, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.