Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.80:
23 Dec 2018
- Paul Kulchenko
- ZeroBrane® LLC
Zerobrane Studio (Install)
This is not the latest version of Zerobrane Studio (Install) available.
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
This is not the latest version of Zerobrane Studio (Install) available.
All Checks are Passing
2 Passing Test
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Private CDN cached downloads available for licensed customers. Never experience 404 breakages again! Learn more...
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved by moderator gep13 on 03 Jan 2019.
Lightweight IDE for your Lua needs
It is simple and instantly usable for beginners (as tested with middle and high school students with no programming experience), yet feature-rich and extensible for experienced developers. Unlike Eclipse and IntelliJ, it has a small footprint and is completely customizable with Lua. Unlike TextMate and Sublime Text, it includes a remote debugger and a full IDE feature set. Unlike Decoda, it runs on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux and supports on-device debugging.
ZeroBrane Studio also provides several unique features: live coding for immediate feedback, Markdown formatting in comments for providing instructions with minimal context switching, and integrated interactive materials for those learning Lua or getting familiar with programming.
For those interested in game and mobile development, the IDE supports debugging for LÖVE, Moai, Gideros, Marmalade Quick, Corona, and Cocos2d-x. It also supports general Lua debugging for Wireshark, GSL-shell, Adobe Lightroom, OpenResty, Lapis, Moonscript, home automation, and more.
- Small, portable, open-source, and cross-platform (Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux);
- Auto-completion for functions, keywords, and custom APIs;
- Interactive console to test code snippets with local and remote execution;
- Live coding with Lua, LÖVE, Gideros, Moai, Corona, GSL-Shell and other Lua engines;
- Integrated debugger (with support for local and remote debugging), and more.
<# Currently Zerobrane provides a portable .zip and an "installer" .exe which is really a self-extracting zip that also adds a shortcut to the Start Menu. It doesn't have a default "install" location, nor does it get listed in Add/Remove Programs. In order to prevent confusion (and allow for changes in future) I have provided two packages which closely mimic the two options for acquiring Zerobrane on Windows. However, in the name of safety I use the .zip for both (I don't know if Install-ChocolateyZipPackage works with .exes) So the .install package only differs in that it adds a shortcut :) #> $ErrorActionPreference = 'Stop'; $packageName = 'zerobrane-studio.install' $url = 'https://download.zerobrane.com/ZeroBraneStudioEduPack-1.80-win32.zip' $checksum = '5B47B7C1825CDF04742138796DA066B75692BBFE967042058138403ABFA5F783' $checksumType = 'sha256' $toolsDir = $(Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition) Install-ChocolateyZipPackage -PackageName "$packageName" ` -Url "$url" ` -UnzipLocation "$toolsDir" ` -Checksum "$checksum" ` -ChecksumType "$checksumType" # Place Start Menu Shortcut (mimicking Zerobrane's own self-extracting .exe) $shortcutPath = join-path $env:appdata "Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" $shortcutName = "ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE" $lnkPath = join-path $shortcutPath ($shortcutName + ".lnk") $targetPath = join-path $toolsDir "zbstudio.exe" Install-ChocolateyShortcut -shortcutFilePath $lnkPath -targetPath $targetPath -description $shortcutName
$packageName = 'zerobrane-studio.install' # Remove the shortcut we added $shortcutPath = join-path $env:appdata "Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" $shortcutName = "ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE" $lnkPath = join-path $shortcutPath ($shortcutName + ".lnk") Remove-item -path $lnkPath -Force -ErrorAction 'SilentlyContinue'
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- core.dll (93c0d7d2ad45) - ## / 67
- liblua.dll (3d878a81e951) - ## / 66
- libzlib.dll (d482e05428d7) - ## / 70
- lua5.1.dll (a687d66ebcdf) - ## / 72
- lua52.dll (8d9c54d7ac1a) - ## / 62
- lua53.dll (58160a2e7195) - ## / 68
- winapi.dll (ca379f811b8a) - ## / 67
- ZeroBraneStudioEduPack-1.80-win32.zip (5b47b7c1825c) - ## / 60
- lexlpeg.dll (74544e0b06af) - ## / 69
- lfs.dll (94fea4cd86e8) - ## / 65
- libeay32.dll (8c708fd099d7) - ## / 61
- lpeg.dll (1a6154afff72) - ## / 65
- lua.exe (2123365e1f5a) - ## / 68
- lua51.dll (e1a946cb6397) - ## / 65
- lua52.exe (b852348352aa) - ## / 65
- lua53.exe (ba8819170560) - ## / 68
- ssl.dll (ce1316fbb18f) - ## / 62
- ssleay32.dll (b837d263016f) - ## / 61
- wx.dll (5f3e7b7fae4d) - ## / 62
- zbstudio.exe (72454b6b332e) - ## / 67
- zerobrane-studio.install.1.80.nupkg (d602bfbb9ca9) - ## / 62
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Zerobrane Studio (Install) 1.90||433||Monday, February 17, 2020||Approved|
|Zerobrane Studio (Install) 1.80||417||Sunday, December 23, 2018||Approved|
|Zerobrane Studio (Install) 184.108.40.206||709||Tuesday, October 13, 2015||Approved|
|Zerobrane Studio (Install) 220.127.116.11||277||Monday, July 13, 2015||Approved|
|Zerobrane Studio (Install) 1.00||332||Tuesday, March 17, 2015||Approved|
Paul Kulchenko, ZeroBrane® LLC
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Zerobrane Studio (Install) and the Zerobrane Studio (Install) package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Zerobrane Studio (Install), or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.