Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 220.127.116.1130422:
22 Apr 2013
- Johannes Schindelin
- msysgit Committers
Tags:devbox vcs scm git version control msysgit
18.104.22.16830422 | Updated: 22 Apr 2013
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
Git is a free and open source distributed version control and source code management (SCM) system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
Initially designed and developed by Linus Torvalds for Linux kernel development, Git has since been adopted by many other projects.
Git is easy to learn and has a tiny footprint with lightning fast performance. It outclasses other SCM tools with features like cheap local branching, convenient staging areas, and multiple workflows.
This package will also:
- add Git (both \bin and \cmd) to PATH
- set global Git configuration « core.autocrlf » to false
- fix message « WARNING: terminal is not fully functional » when running log or diff commands
NOTE: This is still Git version 22.214.171.124. This package has been improved from previous version so we needed to increase the version number from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.5230420.
NOTE: Automatic uninstall procedure is included in this package, so you don't need to manually reverse whatever actions installer did.
NOTE: Phrase « Devbox » in a name of this package is used as signature to indicate high quality standards. Functionally, the package is the same as any other Chocolatey package.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- Devbox-Git.184.108.40.20630422.nupkg (3ffd37ce48a4) - ## / 56
- Git-220.127.116.11-preview20130201.exe (796ac91f0c74) - ## / 53
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Devbox Git 18.104.22.16830422||1180||Monday, April 22, 2013||Unknown|
Copyright (c) 2010, Maximus5
Lot of improvements and fixes
- This discussion is only about Devbox Git and the Devbox Git package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Devbox Git, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.