Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.0.1:
23 Apr 2013
- Michael Field
Tags:devbox git notepad p4merge diffmerge merge diff editor alias
Devbox Git Settings
1.0.1 | Updated: 23 Apr 2013
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Devbox Git Settings
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package was submitted prior to moderation and has not been approved. While it is likely safe for you, there is more risk involved.
Git settings for Windows by modifying global .gitconfig file. Package is unobtrusive - settings are changed only if they were not set before or have been set to default value.
1. Core editor is set to: Notepad++, Notepad2 or Notepad, in that order, whichever application is detected on a system.
2. Diff and merge tool are set to: P4Merge, DiffMerge, in that order, whichever is installed.
3. Miscellaneous Git settings. Changes are applied only if setting is not already set.
3. Git aliases. Changes are applied only if alias is not already set.
4. Environment variable TERM set to 'linux', if not set already, to fix annoying warnings.
NOTE: There is no automatic uninstall procedure included with this package, so you will have to manually revert changes in global .gitconfig file.
NOTE: Phrase « Devbox » in a name of this package is used as signature to indicate high quality standards. Functionally, the package is the same as any other Chocolatey package.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Devbox Git Settings 1.0.1||1483||Tuesday, April 23, 2013||Unknown|
|Devbox Git Settings 1.0.0||396||Tuesday, April 23, 2013||Unknown|
- This discussion is only about Devbox Git Settings and the Devbox Git Settings package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Devbox Git Settings, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.