Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 1.16.1:
23 Mar 2019
- Rick Strahl
- West Wind Technologies
Tags:markdown text editor weblog blog publishing documentation westwind
Markdown Monster Portable Install
This is not the latest version of Markdown Monster Portable Install available.
1.16.1 | Updated: 23 Mar 2019
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Markdown Monster Portable Install
This is not the latest version of Markdown Monster Portable Install available.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
Validation Testing Passed
Verification Testing PassedDetails
Scan Testing Resulted in Flagged:
This package was submitted (and approved) prior to automated virus scanning integration into the package moderation processs.
We recommend clicking the "Details" link to make your own decision on installing this package.
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
There are versions of this package awaiting moderation . See the Version History section below.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 23 Mar 2019.
Markdown Monster is an easy to use and extensible Markdown Editor and Viewer and Weblog Publisher by West Wind Technologies.
This portable install doesn't run an installer and is self-contained in its install folder and doesn't require admin mode to install.
Markdown Monster sports syntax colored editing of Markdown text, inline spell checking, live, synced HTML preview, embedding, dragging and pasting of images, code, links and Emoji and has built-in support for screen captures. There is support for text snippet expansion and C# script execution to automate and extend Markdown Monster. But above all the editor's goal is to get out of your way and let you focus on your content creation, and provide you with tools to get your job done efficiently.
You can save documents to Html and Pdf files. Markdown Monster can also publish your Markdown directly to your Weblog that supports WordPress, MetaWebLog or Medium APIs. You can manage multiple blogs and even download existing HTML posts as Markdown.
Markdown Monster can also be extended using an easy, but powerful .NET based add-in model and a few useful addins are available to provide features like storing images in Azure Blobs, a reusable Snippets manager, and more. You can also swap Markdown Parsers between Markdig and Pandoc and use another custom Markdown parser via addin integration.
Markdown Monster can be downloaded and evaluated for free. This package is unlimited and fully functional, but a license is required for continued use. Although Markdown Monster is licensed software, the source code is available in the open on GitHub. Requires .NET 4.6.2 or later.
This is a portable installation that doesn't run an installer installer and keeps all configuration data in a self-contained folder. The full desktop Chocolatey install is also available in the MarkdownMonster Package.
$packageName = 'markdownmonster.portable' $toolsDir = (Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition) $filePath = "$(Split-Path -Parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)\\MarkdownMonsterPortable.zip" Get-ChocolateyUnzip -FileFullPath "$filePath" -Destination $toolsDir remove-item "$filePath"
Although source code is available for Markdown Monster, the software is licensed as © Rick Strahl, West Wind Technologies, 2016-2017. Markdown Monster can be downloaded and evaluated for free, but a reasonably priced license must be purchased for continued use. Licenses are per user, rather than per machine, so you can use Markdown Monster on as many computers you wish with your license. Licenses can be purchased from: http://store.west-wind.com/product/markdown_monster Warranty Disclaimer: No Warranty! IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THIS PROGRAM AND DOCUMENTATION, BE LIABLE FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS, EVEN IF YOU OR OTHER PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
md5: 27500D3544D27D5676DBC10426377EF4 | sha1: D4DCAE072ACEDD2AB6325DDF78F0B79E36016042 | sha256: DB31C54D38A909080BFCDA1A8B5366FD5FA0EC52D4A78E34C88EFBC48BBEE70B | sha512: 791CA310BD9678F708DD674A73EE4E4F5E1DCBA5AFAC5B758AF37C6E45D95BB023C063C6433C71BDA17EC1DF01E2F81C6FEEB1940CAEEF270A84B0C00D3B4B14
VERIFICATION MarkdownMonster.Portable.zip SHA256 Checksum Value: DB31C54D38A909080BFCDA1A8B5366FD5FA0EC52D4A78E34C88EFBC48BBEE70B
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- System.Windows.Interactivity.dll (93fbc59e4880) - ## / 68
- System.AppContext.dll (ea3a3003e10f) - ## / 58
- System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation.dll (2f141b72a2af) - ## / 66
- System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions.dll (2804e53913a5) - ## / 61
- Microsoft.Win32.Primitives.dll (e281d04d3511) - ## / 70
- System.Console.dll (083f8649db80) - ## / 70
- System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource.dll (d22133818a30) - ## / 69
- System.Globalization.Calendars.dll (8e5a549c6c03) - ## / 69
- System.IO.Compression.dll (b963eb95627b) - ## / 68
- System.IO.Compression.ZipFile.dll (b5c12e909964) - ## / 67
- System.IO.FileSystem.dll (2d917d520488) - ## / 70
- System.IO.FileSystem.Primitives.dll (02a6f9601aa4) - ## / 68
- System.Net.Http.dll (b741118740ba) - ## / 69
- System.Net.Sockets.dll (eefa668da7a0) - ## / 69
- System.Security.Cryptography.Encoding.dll (91c7c02d46f7) - ## / 65
- System.Security.Cryptography.Primitives.dll (5a6c8f69a8de) - ## / 65
- System.Xml.ReaderWriter.dll (cdd78df6e154) - ## / 69
- Hunspellx64.dll (24e0fea3a9cf) - ## / 71
- Hunspellx86.dll (d995faf5d681) - ## / 70
- NHunspell.dll (dfb27a7bf4a4) - ## / 66
- CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll (9cb43419715a) - ## / 69
- FontAwesome.WPF.dll (63d50dbe094b) - ## / 66
- System.ValueTuple.dll (158a18599e8d) - ## / 69
- System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.dll (3b031a6e7bd5) - ## / 70
- System.Diagnostics.StackTrace.dll (76cf1410724d) - ## / 70
- System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms.dll (6a0f94d33609) - ## / 68
- System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.dll (f415a437f474) - ## / 68
- System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll (8e85e80455b3) - ## / 69
- System.Xml.XmlDocument.dll (fe1fda39c8f4) - ## / 69
- System.Xml.XPath.dll (371c158de728) - ## / 70
- System.Xml.XPath.XDocument.dll (942a51083585) - ## / 70
- Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll (264180e6ec4c) - ## / 68
- Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.dll (6ea25be49a4e) - ## / 69
- Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.ShellExtensions.dll (c21bc4847ac3) - ## / 67
- Dragablz.dll (922ad6b96d27) - ## / 69
- ControlzEx.dll (241cb77017dc) - ## / 72
- LumenWorks.Framework.IO.dll (e3155f4c18e0) - ## / 71
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.dll (a8da63084e18) - ## / 69
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.Scripting.dll (f9d1b24702d7) - ## / 69
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.dll (0192c7052cc2) - ## / 70
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Scripting.dll (b08e02093c99) - ## / 68
- MahApps.Metro.dll (0965978dc2ec) - ## / 71
- YamlDotNet.dll (8755956c7ec5) - ## / 67
- pingo.exe (43bb505732bd) - ## / 73
- System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource.dll (8ae5aa8987ba) - ## / 56
- Newtonsoft.Json.dll (b66749b81e14) - ## / 72
- wkhtmltopdf.exe (0b71358e1d04) - ## / 70
- System.Collections.Immutable.dll (eaf7deaa8377) - ## / 70
- System.Reflection.Metadata.dll (ced3abd81d7d) - ## / 70
- Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.dll (896ea7319377) - ## / 67
- csc.exe (29fc4e96f255) - ## / 68
- csi.exe (148d50d751c2) - ## / 71
- Microsoft.Build.Tasks.CodeAnalysis.dll (7ea30b82f86e) - ## / 70
- vbc.exe (1ea3700276ae) - ## / 62
- VBCSCompiler.exe (a16b4d7c6504) - ## / 69
- System.Web.Razor.dll (691fffbad109) - ## / 67
- Westwind.RazorHosting.dll (d4758d5c4f1b) - ## / 69
- LibGit2Sharp.dll (3cca129664e1) - ## / 67
- Markdig.dll (b3804c3a45e5) - ## / 68
- Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.dll (23731d9b0fdb) - ## / 64
- git2-572e4d8.dll (288d88ab393e) - ## / 69
- git2-572e4d8.dll (b5e88f0df5cb) - ## / 69
- Westwind.Utilities.dll (6860340240ea) - ## / 64
- MarkdownMonster.Portable.1.16.1.nupkg (2e80afffbea9) - ## / 56
- MarkdownMonsterPortable.zip (db31c54d38a9) - ## / 57
- HtmlAgilityPack.dll (31945021179b) - ## / 68
- MarkdownMonster.exe (534d2d76b456) - ## / 65
- mm.exe (bf4abec3b9fb) - ## / 57
- ScreenCaptureAddin.dll (c1eda148c422) - ## / 64
- SnippetsAddin.dll (da97e52d8883) - ## / 66
- WebLogAddin.dll (b25e17be3fa5) - ## / 64
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
West Wind Technologies, 2016-2019
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Markdown Monster Portable Install and the Markdown Monster Portable Install package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Markdown Monster Portable Install, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.