Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 2.0.3:
21 Jul 2021
- Rick Strahl
- West Wind Technologies
Tags:markdown markdown-editor markdown-generator text-editor markdown-blogging publishing writing documentation markdown-documentation westwind
Markdown Monster Portable Install
This is not the latest version of Markdown Monster Portable Install available.
2.0.3 | Updated: 21 Jul 2021
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Markdown Monster Portable Install
This is not the latest version of Markdown Monster Portable Install available.
All Checks are Passing
3 Passing Tests
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 21 Jul 2021.
Markdown Monster is an easy to use and extensible Markdown Editor and Viewer and Weblog Publisher by West Wind Technologies.
This portable installation doesn't run an installer, doesn't require admin mode and is self-contained in its install folder and saves settings in a
PortableSettings folder in the install folder (more info on Portable Installation).
Markdown Monster sports syntax colored editing of Markdown text, inline spell checking, live, synced HTML preview, embedding, dragging and pasting of images, code, links and Emoji and has built-in support for screen captures. There is support for text snippet expansion and C# script execution to automate and extend Markdown Monster. But above all the editor's goal is to get out of your way and let you focus on your content creation, and provide you with tools to get your job done efficiently.
You can save documents to Html and PDF files. Markdown Monster can also publish your Markdown directly to your Weblog that supports WordPress, MetaWebLog or Medium APIs. You can manage multiple blogs and even download existing HTML posts as Markdown.
Markdown Monster can also be extended using an easy, but powerful .NET based add-in model and a few useful addins are available to provide features like storing images in Azure Blobs, a reusable Snippets manager, and more. You can also swap Markdown Parsers between Markdig and Pandoc and use another custom Markdown parser via addin integration.
Markdown Monster can be downloaded and evaluated for free. This package is unlimited and fully functional, but a license is required for continued use. Although Markdown Monster is licensed software, the source code is available in the open on GitHub. Requires .NET 4.7.2 or later.
This is a portable installation that doesn't run an installer installer and keeps all configuration data in a self-contained folder. The full desktop Chocolatey install is also available in the MarkdownMonster Package.
$packageName = 'markdownmonster.portable' $toolsDir = (Split-Path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition) $filePath = "$(Split-Path -Parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition)\\MarkdownMonsterPortable.zip" Get-ChocolateyUnzip -FileFullPath "$filePath" -Destination $toolsDir remove-item "$filePath"
Markdown Monster License ------------------------- Markdown Monster comes in several license modes: Evaluation, Single User, Multiple User and Site License. Markdown Monster is **Source Open** with source code available on GitHub, but it is a licensed product that requires a paid-for license for continued use. The software is licensed as (c) Rick Strahl, West Wind Technologies, 2015-2020. A fully functional, free evaluation version is available for evaluation use, but continued use requires purchase of a license. Licenses can be purchased from: http://store.west-wind.com/product/markdown_monster EVALUATION LICENSE The Evaluation version has all the features and functionality of the registered version, except that it shows occasional freeware notices. Tampering with or removing of the notices is not allowed with the evaluation license. You can use the evaluation version with the notices enabled, but if you use Markdown Monster regularly or for commercial use, please register and support further development and maintenance. PURCHASED LICENSE For continued or commercial use of Markdown Monster a paid-for license is required. The paid-for license removes the freeware notices. Each licensed user must have a separate license, but a single user may use multiple copies of Markdown Monster on multiple machines. The multi-user licenses work the same as a single user license applied to the number of users specified on the license purchased. An organizational site license is available to allow any number of users running unlimited numbers of Markdown Monster instances within a single organization. Any purchased license is valid for the duration of the major release that it was purchased for (ie. 1.00-1.99) and minor version updates within that major version are always free. Upgrade pricing is available for major version upgrades, usually at half of full price, and it's our policy to allow for free upgrades to the next major version within a year of purchase. SOURCE CODE Markdown Monster is **Source Open** and source code is available on GitHub at https://github.com/RickStrahl/MarkdownMonster, but the licensing outlined above is applies regardless. We allow modification of source code for internal use of Markdown Monster in your organization or for submitting pull requests to the Markdown Monster main repository. Under no circumstances are you allowed to re-package and re-distribute any part of Markdown Monster outside of your organization. GET INVOLVED - GET A FREE LICENSE We encourage pull requests for feature suggestions or bug fixes to be submitted back to the Markdown Monster repository. Any contributors that provide meaningful enhancements, help with identifying and or fixing of bugs or by actively promoting Markdown Monster can qualify for a free license (at our discretion). Additionally Microsoft MVPs and Insiders and Microsoft Employees can apply for a free license. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: NO WARRANTY! YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSE APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED APPLICATION ("SERVICES") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND APPLICATION PROVIDER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. APPLICATION PROVIDER DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN, OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY, THE LICENSED APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT EFFECTS IN THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY APPLICATION PROVIDER OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THIS PROGRAM AND DOCUMENTATION, BE LIABLE FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS, EVEN IF YOU OR OTHER PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
md5: B36F351BA43A944BA24049E60CCFB8C7 | sha1: 66D8A694AD63CC4B7BEEF11783BBC6FB6B02A18B | sha256: 9D2AEF94EF71C370914323778E197321143F92F7BDBD22138EE9C4B406F2269F | sha512: FD38F40950DF41A45794AA6B7AD914E397E2714BD993CAC41D073D7E8911855E077307AE03124DC650A761C4BA1DF9D7C078C45530BCB67E171306327AB5FE8C
VERIFICATION MarkdownMonster.Portable.zip SHA256 Checksum Value: 9D2AEF94EF71C370914323778E197321143F92F7BDBD22138EE9C4B406F2269F
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- Hunspellx64.dll (24e0fea3a9cf) - ## / 71
- Hunspellx86.dll (d995faf5d681) - ## / 70
- NHunspell.dll (dfb27a7bf4a4) - ## / 66
- CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll (9cb43419715a) - ## / 69
- FontAwesome.WPF.dll (63d50dbe094b) - ## / 66
- System.Buffers.dll (9444b5a41a81) - ## / 66
- System.Collections.Immutable.dll (2f05a2c489c2) - ## / 65
- System.Numerics.Vectors.dll (a044d77edb6e) - ## / 66
- System.Reflection.Metadata.dll (2e180767f141) - ## / 68
- LumenWorks.Framework.IO.dll (e3155f4c18e0) - ## / 71
- System.Numerics.Vectors.dll (1d3ef8698281) - ## / 66
- pingo.exe (43bb505732bd) - ## / 73
- System.Web.Razor.dll (691fffbad109) - ## / 67
- Westwind.RazorHosting.dll (d4758d5c4f1b) - ## / 69
- System.Text.Encoding.CodePages.dll (e1091b3af6cb) - ## / 66
- Westwind.TypeImporter.dll (5c9c5e878529) - ## / 71
- System.Memory.dll (41b5e1a4c59a) - ## / 67
- System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions.dll (1f54718bbab6) - ## / 67
- git2-106a5f2.dll (1237de47ec71) - ## / 68
- LibGit2Sharp.dll (7e0bb1c5b0d9) - ## / 68
- git2-106a5f2.dll (9daa0bcb0cee) - ## / 68
- System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll (92d535dd1653) - ## / 65
- wkhtmltopdf.exe (2928924dade4) - ## / 69
- Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll (7c2262118b9f) - ## / 69
- Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.dll (a1c736d2e537) - ## / 68
- System.Buffers.dll (accccfbe45d9) - ## / 66
- System.Memory.dll (8e76318e8b06) - ## / 65
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.dll (1006ed0b7c03) - ## / 71
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.Scripting.dll (26a1262e3edf) - ## / 67
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.dll (ff1f9acd590c) - ## / 65
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Scripting.dll (8ef802a7b8d7) - ## / 67
- Microsoft.Xaml.Behaviors.dll (ff75938fedee) - ## / 64
- System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll (3cadcb6b8a73) - ## / 65
- ControlzEx.dll (f15d89d9720e) - ## / 67
- Dragablz.dll (6c5724efe19f) - ## / 68
- System.Collections.Immutable.dll (646d3b52a489) - ## / 65
- System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource.dll (599a79d25958) - ## / 68
- Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.dll (b5ff36ccfa04) - ## / 66
- Westwind.Scripting.dll (19c788172d86) - ## / 67
- csc.exe (965bb8e7822d) - ## / 68
- Microsoft.Build.Tasks.CodeAnalysis.dll (3e3a243e49bf) - ## / 67
- VBCSCompiler.exe (61412999aabb) - ## / 69
- Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.dll (6f2fb9cb6494) - ## / 69
- ReverseMarkdown.dll (b254165471c8) - ## / 68
- Newtonsoft.Json.dll (b624949df8b0) - ## / 65
- HtmlAgilityPack.dll (42a0d4dca77d) - ## / 67
- Markdig.dll (845be872fad4) - ## / 68
- MahApps.Metro.dll (0c1aed95b92d) - ## / 68
- Microsoft.DocAsCode.MarkdigEngine.Extensions.dll (39080f6bfeff) - ## / 65
- Microsoft.DocAsCode.MarkdigEngine.Validators.dll (51df3b33ee74) - ## / 67
- Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.dll (966b9271b90b) - ## / 68
- Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Wpf.dll (21e5bc46108d) - ## / 67
- Mono.Cecil.dll (f66f97866433) - ## / 68
- WebView2Loader.dll (244b9b083568) - ## / 68
- Westwind.Utilities.dll (e6d5d0eb76f5) - ## / 65
- YamlDotNet.dll (f24d57a17849) - ## / 67
- MicrosoftEdgeWebview2Setup.exe (389601cbd7e9) - ## / 69
- MahApps.Metro.resources.dll (f43dc6e0b823) - ## / 67
- WebView2Loader.dll (1cae7b9ad512) - ## / 61
- MarkdownMonster.Portable.2.0.3.nupkg (5b400628c29c) - ## / 60
- MarkdownMonsterPortable.zip (9d2aef94ef71) - ## / 60
- MarkdownMonster.exe (d3d8826fbbd9) - ## / 69
- mm.exe (91b8515116e1) - ## / 69
- mmcli.exe (3cb5426576f4) - ## / 69
- ScreenCaptureAddin.dll (e0ba03a863f8) - ## / 68
- SnippetsAddin.dll (ca863edf9b70) - ## / 67
- WeblogAddin.dll (43d41b50f283) - ## / 68
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
West Wind Technologies, 2016-2021
This package has no dependencies.
- This discussion is only about Markdown Monster Portable Install and the Markdown Monster Portable Install package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Markdown Monster Portable Install, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.