Welcome to the Chocolatey Community Package Repository! The packages found in this section of the site are provided, maintained, and moderated by the community.
Every version of each package undergoes a rigorous moderation process before it goes live that typically includes:
- Security, consistency, and quality checking
- Installation testing
- Virus checking through VirusTotal
- Human moderators who give final review and sign off
If you are an organization using Chocolatey, we want your experience to be fully reliable. Due to the nature of this publicly offered repository, reliability cannot be guaranteed. Packages offered here are subject to distribution rights, which means they may need to reach out further to the internet to the official locations to download files at runtime.
Fortunately, distribution rights do not apply for internal use. With any edition of Chocolatey (including the free open source edition), you can host your own packages and cache or internalize existing community packages.
Your use of the packages on this site means you understand they are not supported or guaranteed in any way. Learn more...
Downloads of v 5.31.4:
16 Sep 2019
- Ronen "tzuk" Tzur
Tags:security virtualization forensics admin
5.31.4 | Updated: 16 Sep 2019
To edit the metadata for a package, please upload an updated version of the package.
Chocolatey's Community Package Repository currently does not allow updating package metadata on the website. This helps ensure that the package itself (and the source used to build the package) remains the one true source of package metadata.
This does require that you increment the package version.
Some Checks Have Failed or Are Not Yet Complete
Not All Tests Have Passed
This package is likely a meta/virtual (*) or an installer (*.install) or portable (*.portable) application package.
- Meta/virtual (*) - has a dependency on the *.install or the *.portable package - it is provided for discoverability and for other packages to take a dependency on.
- Portable (*.portable/*.commandline (deprecated naming convention)/*.tool (deprecated naming convention)) - usually zips or archives that require no administrative access to install.
- Install (*.install/*.app (deprecated naming convention)) - uses native installers, usually requires administrative access to install.
This package was approved as a trusted package on 16 Sep 2019.
A process sandbox helps to manage and limit access permissions a process has to your data. Use it to safely test new software for usability, safely study behavior of known spyware and malware, or browse the web from a sandboxed browser to completely shield your computer and network from Internet Bad Things.
If you want to use install parameters, use
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
Free with no limitations
Since version 5.31.4 Sandboxie is now available for free with no limitations. Sophos is also planning on making this program open source.
Log in or click on link to see number of positives.
- sandboxie.5.31.4.nupkg (58777f2a3fe9) - ## / 60
In cases where actual malware is found, the packages are subject to removal. Software sometimes has false positives. Moderators do not necessarily validate the safety of the underlying software, only that a package retrieves software from the official distribution point and/or validate embedded software against official distribution point (where distribution rights allow redistribution).
Chocolatey Pro provides runtime protection from possible malware.
|Sandboxie 5.31.4||4388||Monday, September 16, 2019||Approved|
|Sandboxie 126.96.36.19990801||729||Thursday, August 1, 2019||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.30||702||Sunday, June 2, 2019||Approved|
|Sandboxie Beta 5.29.2-beta||118||Wednesday, April 10, 2019||Exempted|
|Sandboxie Beta 5.29.1-beta||95||Friday, March 29, 2019||Exempted|
|Sandboxie 5.28||951||Thursday, February 21, 2019||Approved|
|Sandboxie Beta 5.27.3-beta||166||Wednesday, January 16, 2019||Exempted|
|Sandboxie Beta 5.27.2-beta-20190112||125||Saturday, January 12, 2019||Exempted|
|Sandboxie 5.26.20190112||602||Saturday, January 12, 2019||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.26||928||Sunday, October 7, 2018||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.24||1482||Wednesday, April 4, 2018||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.20||1508||Tuesday, July 11, 2017||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.18||864||Friday, April 14, 2017||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.16||800||Thursday, January 5, 2017||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.14||708||Thursday, October 20, 2016||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.12||589||Thursday, June 16, 2016||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.10||644||Tuesday, March 1, 2016||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.08||426||Tuesday, February 16, 2016||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.06||588||Friday, October 23, 2015||Approved|
|Sandboxie 5.04||324||Tuesday, September 29, 2015||Approved|
|Sandboxie 4.20||748||Friday, June 26, 2015||Approved|
|Sandboxie 4.18||668||Saturday, May 30, 2015||Approved|
|Sandboxie 4.16||570||Monday, March 2, 2015||Approved|
|Sandboxie 4.14||832||Wednesday, November 26, 2014||Approved|
|sandboxie 4.12||638||Tuesday, August 19, 2014||Approved|
|Sandboxie 4.08||602||Thursday, January 23, 2014||Approved|
|sandboxie 4.06||415||Saturday, December 21, 2013||Approved|
© 2004-2019 Sandboxie Holdings LLC
Release 5.31.4 (Released: September 10th, 2019)
- Removed license check and activation requirements.
- Fix IE download issues on Windows 7 and 10
- Fix IE download issues (and some file rename failures) on Windows 10 Spring 2019
- Built and uploaded by jack1142
- This discussion is only about Sandboxie and the Sandboxie package. If you have feedback for Chocolatey, please contact the Google Group.
- This discussion will carry over multiple versions. If you have a comment about a particular version, please note that in your comments.
- The maintainers of this Chocolatey Package will be notified about new comments that are posted to this Disqus thread, however, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get a response. If you do not hear back from the maintainers after posting a message below, please follow up by using the link on the left side of this page or follow this link to contact maintainers. If you still hear nothing back, please follow the package triage process.
- Tell us what you love about the package or Sandboxie, or tell us what needs improvement.
- Share your experiences with the package, or extra configuration or gotchas that you've found.
- If you use a url, the comment will be flagged for moderation until you've been whitelisted. Disqus moderated comments are approved on a weekly schedule if not sooner. It could take between 1-5 days for your comment to show up.